12.14.2014

Thailand

Ayye, so it's been a week since I've come back from Thailand and it was AMAZING. 

insta-kinda


Read more for tips and pics ;)



My mister found this boathouse homestay that we booked for a crazy good price on airbnb. I highly recommend if any of you do plan trips and need a decent priced place to stay to use airbnb. It's basically a website that allows folks to put up their homes, apartments, and even islands (yes islands) for rent for bangin' deals! I've used this website when I traveled to Japan and Korea and can say it works wonders for frugal peeps (like myself...ha ha yeah right), but it definitely helps your wallet. 
Surprisingly I didn't take a lot of photos this time. Was completely in awe in everything I saw there. Tips for you cool kats that want to go to Thailand:

1) Go during Nov-Jan, the weather is amazing
2) If you want nightlife, citylife, ladyboy life stay near Bangkok
3) If you want a more local feel I recommend staying in Bangsarey (that's where we stayed)
4) For about 5 days $400 CAD lasted me well (including taxi and food)
5) If you use taxi INSIST ON USING THE METER!

Mind you I only every spent 150-200 baht on meals (aboout $5-$7 CAD). Taxi was the most expensive but depends on how far you want to go. I also didn't go shopping for souvenirs (weird right?). Most of my money went to visiting places. Also we used AirAsia to book our flights, so it was about $290 CAD for my ticket. Over all it was a great get-away and the owner of the boathouse homestay was so lovely. I'm defs coming back with my family!

Enjoy le pics!

Bangkok

Pattaya


Bangsarey














1 comment:

  1. ahhhh! such great photos, girl! keep 'em coming. <3

    ReplyDelete